Shmsink SEGSEV with NV12

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Wed Dec 4 15:27:46 PST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 04:14 -0800, adrien_sch wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I did some tests with vaapi components, and I realize that the vaapidecoder
> wasn't compatible with the shmsink element. Indeed, I receive a SEGSEV from
> gst_shm_sink->gst_buffer_extract (line 1648) -> memcpy. It's probably due to
> the stream format.

Which pipeline are you using? Segfaults are bad, please file a bug at
bugzilla.gnome.org with all the details so we can fix it.

> Other question :
>
> What is the right approch for use a decodebin (with vaapi element) and be
> confronted to an unsupported profile ? By observation, the result is an
> error on the bus, but can we be more adaptive to this behavior ( by
> detecting the profile, match it with vainfo, and use or not the vaapi
> component) ?
>
> Example :
> Environment : nvidia card who support H264Main and High (not baseline) and
> try to decode a baseline profil stream.

That sounds like a bug in the element.  Almost everyone means
constrained-baseline, which is a pure subset of the main profile. So it
should be able to decode it.

That said, if it truly doesn't support it, the element should say it in
it's sink caps and then it will not be auto-plugged.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com