Audio passthrough

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 4 07:40:31 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-12-04 at 07:37 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Thanks. That worked :). But I had tried slightly differently but that didn't
> work. May I know what is the difference between setting caps property and
> forcing caps filter?

The caps property contains the formats that are considered as "raw" by
decodebin and that will be output by it. The capsfilter will only allow
such formats, so will reject anything else. It does not tell decodebin
to stop decoding at that format.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com