Audio passthrough

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 07:37:45 PST 2013

Thanks. That worked :). But I had tried slightly differently but that didn't
work. May I know what is the difference between setting caps property and
forcing caps filter?

Worked:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/data/bbb_270.mp4 ! decodebin
caps=audio/mpeg ! fakesink

Didn't work:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/data/bbb_270.mp4 ! decodebin ! audio/mpeg !
fakesink
*ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
*

~BO