Gstreamer over WebKit by MACOS => let's do it. Again ;-)

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 13 09:14:46 PST 2013

On Do, 2013-12-12 at 12:44 -0800, Hugo MACHEFER wrote:
> Source files uploaded  here
> <http://hugo.machefer.free.fr/GstreamerByMac/sources/>   as a "draft".
> Experimental purpose only ;-)
>
>   -- hmachefe
>
> PS: Thanks a lot Philippe, for your intervention. Tell me if you need me to
> refine source code modifications.

It would probably help if you could make this available as a GIT (or
SVN) branch on top of your base webkit version. That way it would be
easier to see what exactly you changed, what you kept from the existing
GStreamer integration code inside webkit, what you re-used, what you
re-implemented :)

You say display stays empty so far. Does anything work at all with
GStreamer in your version? Do you e.g. get audio output? Does your sink
get decoded video frames from GStreamer?
Looking at the debug logs and any errors/warnings happening might hint
to the actual problem.

You currently don't provide much information to help debugging this
problem, other than rebuilding webkit for mac with your changes and then
trying things to see if the same problems appear as for you :)

Expertise, Straight from the Source