Gstreamer over WebKit by MACOS => let's do it. Again ;-)

Hugo MACHEFER hugo.machefer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 07:05:23 PST 2013

It appears my description might have suffered from sort of lack of
information. "Give me a chance" to fill the gap, here, by responding to each
aspect, one by one :

/***  SOURCE CODE provisionning  ***/

Prior to providing sources by GIT repo / SVN database, I may 1st simply
provide this basic  PATCH
<http://hugo.machefer.free.fr/GstreamerByMac/WebKit-r156532.incl.GST.patch>
. As name suggests, WebKit source code was provided by REL 156532 as a ref
tarball from official site ;-)

I haven't said much about GST itself: I got sources <=> version 1.1.4 and
re-complied everything for MacOsX. Tested successfully as a standalone
execution by using gst-launch => http://...movie.MP4

/*** WARNING / DEBUG information ***/

[Sebastian] : Does anything work at all with GStreamer in your version?
[Hugo] : GST works as a standalone execution, regardless of WK. Confirmed by
gst-launch. See above.

[Sebastian] : Do you e.g. get audio output?
[Hugo] : I can hear audio signal perfectly (wrt GST-by-WK context).
Confirmed by loudspeakers.

[Sebastian] : Does your sink get decoded video frames from GStreamer?
[Hugo] : I would like to check it but which way ? How can I figure this
point out ... ?

[Sebastian] : Looking at the debug logs and any errors/warnings happening
might hint ...
[Hugo] : I managed to activate GST  logs
<http://hugo.machefer.free.fr/GstreamerByMac/WebKit-r156532.incl.GST.Exec.logs.txt>
before starting WK by export GST_DEBUG="*:5"

[Sebastian] : You currently don't provide much information to help debugging
this problem...
[Hugo] : GST traces are heavy: uploading them is (still) under progress. Bad
bandwidth today ;-(

Thanks a lot for your precious feedback, Sebastian. I hope I gave enough
instrumentation this time.

  -- hmachefe