Deploying Qt application on OSX issue finding GStreamer plugins

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Dec 15 06:24:05 PST 2013

On So, 2013-12-15 at 02:36 -0800, rob_ewbank wrote:
> Ok thanks for your help. I have set all the environmental variables in a sh
> script which then runs the application. It works fine on a clean virtual
> machine with OSX 10.8.5. However, when the exact same .app file is ran on
> another Mac (same os) it gives the following errors. (there was of debug so
> I'm only posting the relevant bits).
>
> It can make a videotestsrc so some plugins can be found.
>
> Here is the debug:
> [...]
> (gst-plugin-scanner:2630): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '/Users/Sara/Downloads/YoutubeOverlay/YoutubeVideoOverlay.app/Contents/MacOS/libgstosxvideosink.so':
> dlopen(/Users/Sara/Downloads/YoutubeOverlay/YoutubeVideoOverlay.app/Contents/MacOS/libgstosxvideosink.so,
> 2): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libgstbase-1.0.0.dylib
>   Referenced from:
> /Users/Sara/Downloads/YoutubeOverlay/YoutubeVideoOverlay.app/Contents/MacOS/libgstosxvideosink.so
>   Reason: image not found

Does libgstbase-1.0.0.dylib exist at that place? If not, is it included
in your app somehow at least and next to the other GStreamer libraries?

You might need to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the path where these
libraries are all located, depending on how you deploy your application.

Expertise, Straight from the Source