Deploying Qt application on OSX issue finding GStreamer plugins

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Dec 15 09:50:32 PST 2013

Yeah... how did you install gstreamer?

If you used macports or homebrew, you need to rethink that if you
want your app to be redistributable, as your users probably won't
all have the same stuff installed as you did.

There are dozens of scripts out there for how to build a more standalone
environment suitable for bunding gstreamer on mac, e.g. jhbuild.
I have a simple one I could probably post if needed.
- Dan