gst_pad_push API is flushing

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Dec 18 04:32:00 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 04:14 -0800, vindi503 wrote:

> And " Data is not Pushed " is an error message that I have given.
> After gst_pad_push the returned value will be GST_FLOW_FLUSHING.
>
> If I use gst_pad_set_active(stream->pad, TRUE); The returned becomes
> GST_FLOW_NOT_LINKED.

Right. As you have guessed already, that's because it is not linked
then.

Typically you create a pad, then set it up (e.g. set event/query
handlers), then you activate it, and then you add it to the element with
gst_element_add_pad(). This will result in the pad-added signal to be
emitted on your element, which the application can use to link the new
pad to some other pad.

(Don't forget to send initial events like stream-start/caps/segment, but
that's unrelated to your not-linked problem).

Cheers
 -Tim