gst_pad_push API is flushing

vindi503 vindi503 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 06:46:43 PST 2013

Hi Tim,

I am having only one video pad, I guess I might be adding it twice that is
why I am getting that error.
I will remove that gst_element_add() function since It is already being
added.

But Now I am still getting the return value of gst_pad_push as
GST_FLOW_NOT_LINKED.
Where I might be going wrong?

here is the piece of code (which will create the pad, set the event fxn and
activate it and then call gst_pad_push API)

demux->videosrcpad =
        gst_pad_new_from_static_template (&gst_qtdemux_videosrc_template,
"video_0");

  gst_pad_set_event_function (demux->videosrcpad,
GST_DEBUG_FUNCPTR(gst_parse_video_event));
  gst_pad_set_active(demux->videosrcpad, TRUE);

ret = gst_pad_push(demux->videosrcpad, inbuf);

Do I need to make use of gst_pad_link() API ?

Thanks,
Vinay