gst_pad_push API is flushing

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Dec 19 04:41:05 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 04:18 -0800, vindi503 wrote:

Hi,

> You mean to say that I am missing 2nd and 4th step i.e (Setting it up and
> Adding the element) ?

I was just giving you the normal sequence of how things are done.

> Keeping this in mind, Now I am doing 2nd and 4th step.
>
> For 2nd step:
> gst_pad_set_event_function (demux->videosrcpad,
> GST_DEBUG_FUNCPTR(gst_parse_video_event));
> here I am not doing anything, thinging that It is not required to solve
> linking issue.

Correct, this is not required for you to solve your pad linking issue.

> Do I need to call gst_pad_push_event() function in this handler ? If so then
> how do I assign the event type ?

Not to solve the pad linking issue.

> For 4th Step:
> gst_element_add_pad (GST_ELEMENT(demux), demux->videosrcpad);
> here I get the below GStreamer log
> (gst-launch-1.0:2919): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Padname video_0 is not unique
> in element demux, not adding

Right, so I guess the warning is self-explanatory? You can't have two
pads with the same name (or add the same one twice). If you have
multiple video pads, call the first one "video_0" and the second one
"video_1" for example.

 Regards
  -Tim