Error while recording stream coming from IP Camera

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 24 01:37:01 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-23 at 22:54 -0800, Shilpa Chandrappa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the reply. I am working on enabling gstreamer1.0 in the
> hardware.
>
> I would like to bring to your notice that I observed crash few times when I
> run the same command ["gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=XYZ
> drop-on-latency=true latency=0 ! rtph264depay ! filesink location=XYZ " ].
> Few times it throws
> error[/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0: Could
> not read from resource. ] and few times its crashing.
>
> Crash logs
>
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock
> [  182.805444] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual
> address 00000003
[...]

Userspace should never be able to crash the kernel. This is not a
GStreamer problem but something on the kernel/driver side, and
especially without details about the kernel and hardware it's impossible
to say anything about that.

You should bring that up in any support forums for your hardware/kernel.

Expertise, Straight from the Source