playbin2 using appsrc

James jkim at jetheaddev.com
Sun Dec 29 22:46:45 PST 2013

>> Why are you using appsrc for this btw, what's the plan in your
>> application? There are multiple ways how appsrc can be used, and the way
>> implemented here is not always the most optimal one.

The reason I am using appsrc (besides the fact that I am a novice gstreamer
user) is because
I need to build an application that "http-gets" MPEG2 transport stream data
in chunks(~98KB) each time
and pushes them down the gstreamer pipeline; it's a customer requirement
that I cannot change.

Do you know of any other alternative?

By the way, thank you so much for pointing out the mistake in my code.
You are great! :)