pipeline problems - what am I missing?

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Sat Feb 2 03:13:38 PST 2013

On 31 Jan 2013, at 15:30, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Thanks, this helped me get a bit farther along.  What documentation did
> you use to learn the python bindings?  I've been through what I could find
> and most of it is very thin with little detail...  Yes, I am using the
> older 0.10 gstreamer.

Yes, the documentation for GStreamer python bindings is a bit thin. See:

http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/pygst-tutorial/index.html
http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/pygst-reference/index.html
http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/pygobject-reference/index.html

For the GLib/GObject stuff that isn't specific to GStreamer (your main
loop, timeouts, etc) sometimes you have to resort to the C
documentation:

http://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/

Also, iPython's tab-completion helps a lot.