multifilesrc & splitfilesrc difference

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:26:38 PST 2013

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote
> If you use playbin2 (or playbin in 1.0), you can hook up to the
> "about-to-finish" signal and set the next URI/file in the callback, then
> playbin will preroll the next file before the old one has started
> playing, and will play them seamlessly.
>
> I'm not sure if that worked well for videos in 0.10 though, I *think* it
> works fine in 1.0 now (but haven't tried it).

Now that's interesting. I've had a read around & I'm going to pick playbin2
if it can do the following:
Reads from sequential files seamlessly
Works in this pipeline
      playbin2--->h264pay--->rtpbin
Is seekable

I believe playbin2 can do these things (please shout if I'm talking
rubbish). I need to see what it's video performance is like.

Thanks