Help creating element after decodebin started

gimmeamilk gimmeamilkbttf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:40:37 PST 2013

Please see http://pastebin.com/ADdPRH18

This is a standalone test, based on an app I'm writing. The test should load
an mp3 file, use a uridecodebin to recognise it, and connect the decodebin
srcpad to an appsink so I can get at the samples in my app.

_gst_setup() creates the pipeline and decodebin. Then in the pad-added
signal handler I create an appsink and link it to the exposed srcpad.

Everything seems to go without error, but no data seems to flow. On my
embedded system with full GST debug enabled, I do get samples arriving in my
appsink, so I guess I've got a race condition somewhere.

If I create the appsink at startup, and just link it in the pad-added
handler, it seems to work. I can't do this in my real app though, as I
create one appsink for each stream in the input file, and I don't know how
many streams there will be (the real thing isn't necessarily a single-track
mp3).

What method should I use to create and link an element to a decodebin srcpad
after the decodebin has started? Thanks.