Begging For Help

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:27:03 PST 2013

I need help. I have been working on this GStreamer project for weeks and
constantly get stuck on GStreamer related issues and I don't know what to
do. The documentation online is not thorough, and the Q&A on this forum are
hit or miss helpful. I feel very alone.

What I want for the most part seems so simple. GStreamer must have a way to
accommodate what I am doing. I have a Base Transform Encode element, a Base
RTP Payload element, and a Base Sink Element which communicates with a
remote device. When the the Base Sink Element receives the
set_capabilities() notification it connects to the remote device using the
fixated capabilities of the Base Transform Encode element. After connection
succeeds the remote device tells the Base Sink Element the desired MTU. The
Base Sink Element then passes that MTU to the RTP Payloader element.

All of that works fine. The problem is that the handle_buffer() function of
the Base RTP Payloder element is called --before-- the MTU is set. How can I
pause the pipeline while the Base Sink Element waits for the MTU?