How is a video frame rate calculated in a transport stream?

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:40:22 PST 2013

Hi,

I want to know how is a video framerate calculated in a transport
stream(frame rate of video/x-raw which comes out of decodebin)

1. Is it the job of demuxer(tsdemux)?Is it based on dts/pts present in
transport PES in such a case? If dts/pts id not present how does it get
calculated?
2. Is it the job of videoparse(h264parse)r?
3. Is it the job of video decoder(avdec_h264)?

I'm using decodebin which internally is using libav decoders. I have this
question because because certain H264 streams have a framerate of 0/1 when
they come out of decodebin. I'm not sure why it is happening

~BO