Measuring bitrate of the streaming video using gstreamer

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Feb 15 07:56:50 PST 2013

Assuming that you are using udpsink, look at the 'get-stats' signal. That
might have the bitrate. If not, you should be able to record when the
packets are sent and their size and calculate the bitrate from that. You
can use a probe if nothing else gives you the info.
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-dataaccess.html#section-using-probes

Chuck