Installing GStreamer Packages for developement in non Standard path?

smartksr somanath.1990 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:13:43 PST 2013

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote
> Not sure what you mean by this. Maybe you didn't set PATH and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH or PKG_CONFIG_PATH?
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

i did set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH and PATH Variables

Suppose for example if I am installing in */home/gst-10.0* location

*I have the following values set for the above variables (I am working on
Ubuntu 10.04LTS)*

*LD_LIBRARY_PATH =*
/home/gst-10.0/lib:/home/gst-10.0/lib/gstreamer-0.10:/usr/lib
*PKG_CONFIG_PATH =* /home/gst-10.0/lib/pkgconfig
*PATH =* /home/gst-10.0/bin:$PATH and
I used the prefix as /home/gst-10.0 while doing "./configure"

For installing the GStreamer(10.04) packages i have the following
dependencies:
liboil
zlib
gettext
glib
libxml
libIDL
ORBit2
intltool
atk
pango
freetype
fontconfig
cairo
dbus
gconf
gtk

In which dbus,gconf,gtk packages failing to install with some compilation
errors in this nonstandard location, but working in default /usr/local
location. So by this way i am unable to proceed further.

And i will try to proceed with the above suggestions you guys have given.

Thanks a lot for your concern.

Regards
Somanath Reddy