How to add a plugin.

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 08:43:21 PST 2013

2013/2/21 luis.linietsky <luis.linietsky at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I build a plugin for gstreamer named "dlaaes" and I build it creating the
> following sources:
>
> $ ls /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/
> libgstdlaaes.la  libgstdlaaes.so
>
> I also downloaded gstreamer sources with cerbero wich  I was able to build,
> however, I can find a way to add my plugin into those sources so it can be
> linked as well. How should I do it?
>
> I did an "export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/" before I
> build gstreamer as mentioned in "Plugins Writer Guide", but the new
> gst-inspect file that was generated didn't listed it.
>
> How should I add my plugin ?

Hi,

First of all you should make sure that you are using gst-inspect for
1.0 and the best way is the use the suffixed version: gst-inspect-1.0.
To make sure that your plugin is working and initialized properly, you
can inspect the .so file directly like:
gst-inspect-1.0 /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstdlaaes.so

And probably some debug for the registry will help you detect wich
paths are being parsed and which plugins loaded:
GST_DEBUG=GST_REGISTRY:4 gst-inpect-1.0

Andoni

> Any help will be very appreciated.
> Thanks !