how to solve jpegdec problem

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 05:04:47 PST 2013

Hi Iesx,

I guess that you have taken the helloworld example as a basis for your
code.  In the original, there was a call to g_main_loop_run which you
have omitted.

Ian

On 01/01/2013 11:37, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-12-31 at 22:45 -0800, iesx wrote:
>
>> Could you please help me to solve this problem?
>>
>> I tried so many times but still had the same problem.
>>
>> The result exited with code 0 like below.
>>
>> /home/iesx/Desktop/imageOnly/imageonly exited with code 0
> And what is the problem exactly?
>
>>      /* Set the pipeline to "playing" state*/
>>      g_print ("Now playing:     \n");
>>      gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
>>
>>      /* Out of the main loop, clean up nicely */
>>      g_print ("Returned, stopping playback\n");
>>      gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL);
>>
>>      g_print ("Deleting pipeline\n");
>>      gst_object_unref (GST_OBJECT (pipeline));
>>
>>      return 0;
>> }
> You set the pipeline to PLAYING state (which will happen asynchronously
> in other threads), then set it immediately back to NULL state, clean it
> up, and exit.
>
> That's probably not what you intended to do?
>
> Note the left-over(?) comment about the main loop. You probably want to
> wait/sleep/do something else after setting the pipeline to PLAYING.
>
> Cheers
>   -Tim

Ian Davidson
/239 Streetsbrook Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 1HE/
--
Facts used in this message may or may not reflect an underlying
objective reality. Facts are supplied for personal use only.