Qt-gstreamer with sdk mac frameworks

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:28:48 PST 2013

2012/12/27 jim hopper <JAMES.E.HOPPER at saic.com>:
> When I try to build the QT streamer code after installing the latests mac
> framework from the SDK site, it fails to configure because it finds my
> gstreamer frameworks but that its not 0.10.33 or higher.  The version.h file
> in the frameworks claims to be 10.36 so it should pass.  I changed the
> version required in the CMakeLists.txt file to 0.10 but it just said it
> couldn’t find that instead.  Since I know I have the right version is there
> some way I can force it to find this?

The SDK is installed as a framework and therefore not in any prefix
known by pkgconfig, which is the tool being used by CMake to find
installed packages. I presume you might have another GStreamer
installation, probably by macports or homebrew?
Can you please paste the output of the following command to confirm it:
$ pkg-config --libs --cflags --modversion gstreamer-0.10

In the SDK installation directory you will find a script name
gst-sdk-shell which will set the correct environment variables to
target the SDK.Call it from your shell before configuring
qt-gstreamer.

Andoni

> Here’s what I got showing it found my gstream

> -- The following external packages were located on your system.
> -- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
> packages.
>    * Qt 4 - Required for building everything
>    * QtOpenGL - Required for OpenGL acceleration in qtvideosink and
> QtGStreamerUi
>    * QtDeclarative - Required for building QML support
>    * GStreamer base library - Used for building the qwidgetvideosink element
>    * GStreamer app library - Required to build QtGStreamerUtils
>    * GStreamer interfaces library - Required to build QtGStreamer
>    * GStreamer video library - Used for building the qwidgetvideosink
> element

> But at the end it shows:

> -- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.
> -- You must install these packages before continuing.
>    * GStreamer (0.10.33 or higher)  <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/>
>      Required to build QtGStreamer
>
> Can I just remove this and assume I have the right version?
>
> find_package(GStreamer 0.10.33 COMPONENTS base)
> macro_log_feature(GSTREAMER_FOUND "GStreamer" "Required to build
> QtGStreamer"
>                                   "http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/" TRUE
> "0.10.33")
> macro_log_feature(GSTREAMER_BASE_LIBRARY_FOUND "GStreamer base library"
>                                                "Used for building the
> qwidgetvideosink element"
>
> "http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/" FALSE "0.10.33")
>
> find_package(GStreamerPluginsBase 0.10.33 COMPONENTS app interfaces video)
> macro_log_feature(GSTREAMER_APP_LIBRARY_FOUND "GStreamer app library"
>                                               "Required to build
> QtGStreamerUtils"
>
> "http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/" TRUE "0.10.33")
> macro_log_feature(GSTREAMER_INTERFACES_LIBRARY_FOUND "GStreamer interfaces
> library"
>                                                 "Required to build
> QtGStreamer"
>
> "http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/" TRUE "0.10.33")
> macro_log_feature(GSTREAMER_VIDEO_LIBRARY_FOUND "GStreamer video library"
>                                                 "Used for building the
> qwidgetvideosink element"
>
> "http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/" FALSE "0.10.33")
>

> Jim Hopper | SAIC
> Software Application Engineer | Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance
> Group
> phone: 937.431.2336
> email: james.e.hopper at saic.com | saic.com <http://www.saic.com/>

Andoni Morales Alastruey