udpsrc issue

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 10:33:06 PST 2013

On Tue, 2012-12-25 at 10:21 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:

> I'm quite stuck with an issue here. Please help me here. udpsrc is showing
> add behavior.
>
> When I stream from vlc to gstreamer with following command
>
> *gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=1234 ! decodebin buffer-size=10000000  !
> avenc_mpeg4 ! filesink location=/mnt/hgfs/r/gst_live.ts*
>
> It works only during the first time. Successive runs give me the error
>
> *ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0: Internal data
> flow error.
> Additional debug info:
> gstbasesrc.c(2781): gst_base_src_loop ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:
> streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
> *
>
> However, if I remove avenc_mpeg4 encoder and make it only a decoder, it
> works perfectly fine any number of time. What could be the issue?

Hard to say without at least the output from gst-launch-1.0 -v. We don't
know what type the input stream is or what decoders get plugged, etc.

Maybe the output from the video decoder is not compatible with what
avenc_mpeg4 requires for some reason.

(Also, dumping the output from avenc_mpeg4 into a file does not give you
a .ts file, but that's related to your issue)

Cheers
 -Tim