Qt-gstreamer with sdk mac frameworks

jim hopper JAMES.E.HOPPER at saic.com
Wed Jan 2 11:06:41 PST 2013

> 2012/12/27 jim hopper <JAMES.E.HOPPER at saic.com>:
>> When I try to build the QT streamer code after installing the latests mac
>> framework from the SDK site, it fails to configure because it finds my
>> gstreamer frameworks but that its not 0.10.33 or higher.  The version.h file
>> in the frameworks claims to be 10.36 so it should pass.  I changed the
>> version required in the CMakeLists.txt file to 0.10 but it just said it
>> couldn?t find that instead.  Since I know I have the right version is there
>> some way I can force it to find this?
>
> The SDK is installed as a framework and therefore not in any prefix
> known by pkgconfig, which is the tool being used by CMake to find
> installed packages. I presume you might have another GStreamer
> installation, probably by macports or homebrew?
> Can you please paste the output of the following command to confirm it:
> $ pkg-config --libs --cflags --modversion gstreamer-0.10
>
> In the SDK installation directory you will find a script name
> gst-sdk-shell which will set the correct environment variables to
> target the SDK.Call it from your shell before configuring
> qt-gstreamer.
>
> Andoni

Thanks that did it! I didn't know about the script, might want to point it
out on the sdk website (or in the readme section of the installer).

I did manage to hack the CMakeLists.txt file to get it to build without
this, but this is much more elegant.  Problem is that I find that its
impossible to use the qt-gstreamer package on Macintosh without

1. build a new gcc > 4.5
2. create a xcode template that lets you build projects using the new
compiler
3. build qt and other c++ dependencies with the new compiler (and use this
compiler etc with everything you want to use gstreamer with).

Has anyone found a way to make this package work on Mac OSX without doing
the above?

Thanks again for the answer!

Best jim