gst-inspect is not working

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 02:13:57 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 01:40 -0800, mdmishra wrote:
> I've crossed compiled gstreamer to an ARM target. When I run gst-inspect
> filesrc  I see error message (No such element or plugin 'filesrc') . Any
> ideas?
>
> $gst-inspect filesrc
> No such element or plugin 'filesrc'
>
> gst-inspect-0.10 filesrc
> No such element or plugin 'filesrc'
>
> gst-inspect-0.10 -b
> Blacklisted files:
>
> Total count: 0 blacklisted files

How about just:

  gst-inspect-0.10

? Does that show anything at all?

If not, perhaps you need to set the GST_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable
or so? (Although it should pick up plugins from the prefix it was
installed in automatically, maybe something went wrong there during
cross-compilation)

  rm ~/.gstreamer-0.10/registry*
  GST_DEBUG=GST_REGISTRY*:5,GST_PLUGIN*:5 gst-inspect-0.10

might show you where it's looking for plugins (if you haven't disabled
the debug logging).

Cheers
  Tim