Playing Multiple Files via decodebin?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:12:14 PST 2013

I have an application that tries to run through a playlist of multiple
video files of differing formats, playing each in turn.

I am using filesrc ! decodebin for this, but my application dies with
a 'not negotiated' when changing from one file to the next.

What should my behaviour be on EOS to switch to the next video in the
playlist?  Currently I do this:

1) Detect EOS
2) Quit main_loop.
3) set pipeline to "Ready"
4) set filesrc's location to the next file name in list
5) set pipeline state to 'Playing'
6) enter main_loop

Is there some major step I'm missing here, or is it more likely that
I'm messing up one of the above steps?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.