Playbin with a passthrough sink.

Nox Deleo noxdeleo at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 08:57:38 PST 2013

Some progress...interaudiosink/src worked ok at first (some latency
issues), but then weird stuff happened when the playbin got to the second
track (it looped a sped up section of the track). Guess that's why they're
in plugins-bad. So anyway I went with appsink/appsrc (appsrc stream-type
set to "stream", with "is-live" set to true, and format as
GST_FORMAT_TIME), and everything seems to work perfectly except that I'm
getting small regular underflows on the pulsesink I'm using to monitor the
output. It sounds like a clicking a few times a second at a regular
interval. I've set the appsink to "emit-signals, and as soon as a
preroll/regular sample comes in, I push it straight into the appsrc. The
appsink "sync" property is set to true. The interesting thing is that the
underflows became irregular after the track had been playing a while,
eventually stopping altogether.