Probing for caps change

Nox Deleo noxdeleo at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:09:08 PST 2013

Ah...good to know that it's synchronous. I had to set sync to false on the
pulsesink at the end of the second pipeline to stop underflow issues that
were causing a clicking sound (again caused by the appsink->appsrc
addition), so that's always been off. Debug logs don't really show anything
save for sometimes the pulsesink reports an underflow when the audio drops.
The *really* weird thing (that I thought was just coincidence before) is
that changing the GST_DEBUG level seems to affect how often this problem
happens. If I set it to 4, it happens almost every time, but if I leave it
on 1, it's generally ok. Really weird, and the worst bit is that I still
(sometimes) get that hissing issue between tracks.