Salvaging video synchronization

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Sun Jan 6 16:17:48 PST 2013

I have a series of Theora/Vorbis videos that I created from DVDs using
Thoggen. I have found that playing some of the videos in totem results
in audio "skips" every ten seconds or so. I suspect this is because
the audio and video tracks are out of sync; using "alsasink sync=false"
causes the skips to go away (but the audio and video tracks diverge).

The rates should be 30fps for the video and 44100Hz for the audio.

I was wondering if there is a good method to salvage such a video file,
or at least troubleshoot what is happening while playing it.

Thank you,

--
Mike

:wq