Misc compilation issues on windows (was: Re: RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.0.5)

Angelica Perduta rsperduta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 16:09:23 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> It's not the "latest support release in GTK+", but the *oldest* still
> supported release in GTK+. It should not ever be a problem to drop in a
> *newer* version of GLib because of the API/ABI stability guarantees.

Oh, well I was just going by what it says at
http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php
"GTK+ 2.24 is the current maintained version." I did progress past the
zlib1d.lib hurdle as I eventually found I cam link against zdll.lib
instead of zlib1.lib
I've progressed to ..\..\..\gobject\gclosure.c(29): fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'ffi.h': No such file or directory
and I have no idea where that is supposed to come from.

Ultimately it's not something they teach us at polytechnic. I'm much
more interested in actually using gstreamer in my own multi-media
applications.
Thanks for the useful information. For the time being I'll carry on
working with gstreamer 0.10  as I want to get on with inputting a
video stream thru DirectX.