gstreamer with cairo plugin

Henry (Yu) Song - SISA hsong at sisa.samsung.com
Thu Jan 10 14:18:00 PST 2013

Well

First, we would like to update cairo plugin such that it is up-to-date, and maintained.  Second we like to to use cairo_gl_surface instead of image surface.  As far as I know our cairo-gles backend is the fastest one among all cairo backend.  It is maintained by me and is being actively optimized/bug fixed.

Second, I would like to decode image into GPU memory directly with cairo gl backend as sink, such that we can either play it back much quicker instead of upload to texture and we can add overlay, which may also be in GPU memory, quicker.

We might have other optimization in the process.

Thanks

Henry