shm interface problems

mattes effemm at mykmk.com
Wed Jan 16 00:34:05 PST 2013

I have a custom video mixer application that feeds video data into gstreamer
using the gstreamer shm interface.  The mixer has the functionality of shmsink
implemented to feed the video frames into gstreamer via shmsrc.

I am using it for more than a year on a machine with a duo core intel cpu
and it worked without problems.

A couple of weeks ago I switched to a different hardware (intel atom based)
and I started noticing some unfinished recordings once in a while.

Some further investigation shows that the recording stops
prematurely, because the sink side (the mixer) actually coredumps.
Most of the coredumps are unusable due to stack corruption,
(something really bad is happening), though all of them seem to be
related to the feeding thread (sink side of shm).

Just wondering if anybody does run shm sink/src successfully on
Atom based platforms?

Mat