Questions on MinGW configuration of GStreamer SDK Windows build

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:25:10 PST 2013

Hi, Angelica,

thank you for suggestions.

> I discovered I have to use g++ with options -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++
> and not gcc command... I'm not sure what the difference is bit it worked for me.

Yeah, I tried it, too, but this way the linker fails with undefined
reference to __gxx_personality_v0. It seems the essential
incompartibility is with threading model, pthread-win32 builds more or
less work.

> Far easier than MinGW simply open ...\tutorials\vs2010\
> tutorials.sln
> file with Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010 it magically can build
> and run all the samples :o)

Hah, yeah, that's definitely the solution :) I actually built my
application using Visual Studio before but I have to switch to MinGW
now and unfortunately it's badly hard to get it work.