S-video input, virtual webcam output

Giorgio Pioda gfwp at ticino.com
Mon Jan 21 05:04:25 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm very newbee with gstreamer, sorry for this.

I really need to find a substitution for webcamstudio (the linux support
has been dropped); until now it has been working with it.

I use Sundtek grabber to get a S-Video input and I have to make it available
to adobe flash streaming applications (for instance BBB videoconferencing).

The S-video signal is grabbed well on /dev/video1, I can watch it with tvtime.
But all the applications that expect a webcam (like cheese) are not able to use this
signal. So I'm triing to use gst-launch in the following manner:

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 norm=PAL ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=640, height=480 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video0

but it is still not readable by cheese and flash application.

Do I have (and how?) to demux, pick only video (I use another audio source)
and redirect it to v4l2loopback. Do I need deinterlacing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Giorgio

--