ximagesrc performace issue

vthothadri thothadri at land.ufrj.br
Mon Jan 21 08:22:29 PST 2013

I am building an application where it is essential to record my desktop. I
decided to use gstreamer.  I use ximagesrc to record my dekstop. this is how
the line in the code looks

gst_parse_launch("ximagesrc ! queue ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-rgb,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! queue ! oggmux ! filesink
location=test.ogg",&error);

I am using dual core computer with 2 GB Ram  . I am able to record the
desktop. But the problem i have is , when i play the recorded video , at
time it plays and at times, " it get stuck " . I am not able rely on this
completely. Is there any solution ? or am I doing anything wrong here ?

thanks in advance,
thothadri