using playbin with hardware decoder

Justin Kim justin.joy.9to5 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:29:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

The playbin's auto plugging feature is very strong so I just want to use
this instead of manual pipeline even in embedded system.
However, in case of multi track audio, or rarely multi stream video,
hardware decoder is decoding the tracks even if one of the tracks is not
selected by input-selector.

As far as I am concerned, using hardware decoder causes lower quality
output.
Which pipeline is recommended if I use hardware decoder?

Doesn't playbin fit for this use case?
I just wonder about the design concept of gstreamer's playbin.

B.R
Justin