RTSP - rtspsrc how to catch stream timeout

adrien Schwartzentruber adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:15:55 PST 2013

Hello,

I would like to catch the timeout event on a rtsp element.

This is my scenario :

- Create a pipeline to display a rtsp stream
- Set to PLAYING and display my stream
- unplug the network cable (or stop the streaming process)
- Detect & Update the pipeline to display a error message

I can successfully handle an error on the pipeline bus, but I my case, I
would like to get the source information to remove the RTSPSRC element, and
add my videooverlay specifically. At least, my application will have
multiple stream branch displayed together with a videomixer element, it's
why I must know the error source.

NB : It seemes that the event don't go through the src pad. (I added to
event_probe to watch the pad).

Thanks for you help.