Lost Elements

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 03:41:24 PST 2013

Thanks Tim,

I did the make uninstall of the 3 packages I had installed from source
and that seemed to behave OK.  However, /usr/local/bin still had
gst-inspect-1.0 and so on, and when I tried running gst-inspect, it
still went to /usr/local/bin.  I deleted the 3 files in that folder and
then the system reported that the /usr/local/bin file was not found when
I tried to run gst-inspecrt-1.0.

I did a yum reinstall gstreamer1* and that seemed to go OK - but
gst-inspect still wants to run from /usr/local/bin.

I did try which gst-inspect-1.0 again, and it reports
/usr/bin/gst0inspect-1.0, but retrying gst-inspect-1.0 again complains
that /usr/local/bin/gst-inspect-1.0 is missing.  If I specify the full
path name, it works as I would expect.

Is there some environment variable I must remove?  I don't think that I
have set up any myself.

On 28/01/2013 10:50, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:

> If you still have the build directory around, type 'sudo make uninstall'
> in the build tree. If not, try something like:
>
>    find /usr/local/ -name '*gst*1.0*'
>
> Check that it makes sense and looks GStreamer-related, then remove at
> your own risk with:
>
>    rm `find /usr/local/ -name '*gst*1.0*'`
>
> Then try 'which gst-inspect-1.0' again and hope it
> shows /usr/bin/gst-inspect-1.0 now.
>
> Cheers
>   -Tim

Ian Davidson
/239 Streetsbrook Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 1HE/
--
Facts used in this message may or may not reflect an underlying
objective reality. Facts are supplied for personal use only.