Lost Elements

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 04:03:25 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 11:41 +0000, Ian Davidson wrote:

> I did the make uninstall of the 3 packages I had installed from source
> and that seemed to behave OK.  However, /usr/local/bin still had
> gst-inspect-1.0 and so on, and when I tried running gst-inspect, it
> still went to /usr/local/bin.  I deleted the 3 files in that folder
> and then the system reported that the /usr/local/bin file was not
> found when I tried to run gst-inspecrt-1.0.
>
> I did a yum reinstall gstreamer1* and that seemed to go OK - but
> gst-inspect still wants to run from /usr/local/bin.
>
> I did try which gst-inspect-1.0 again, and it
> reports /usr/bin/gst0inspect-1.0, but retrying gst-inspect-1.0 again
> complains that /usr/local/bin/gst-inspect-1.0 is missing.  If I
> specify the full path name, it works as I would expect.
>
> Is there some environment variable I must remove?  I don't think that
> I have set up any myself.

You're saying that there is no more /usr/local/bin/gst-inspct-1.0, but
it's still trying to use that when you just type 'gst-inspect-1.0'?
There must be some cache then - have you tried logging out and logging
back in, or maybe even rebooting?

What does

 ls -l /usr/local/bin/gst-inspect-1.0

show?

Does /usr/bin/gst-inspect-1.0  work now?

Cheers
 -Tim