Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Tue Jul 2 12:11:54 PDT 2013

What is the output of "gst-inspect amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder"? What is
the output of the pipeline below in the log.txt file?

GST_DEBUG=amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder:5 GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=TRUE
gst-launch filesrc
location=/storage/sdcard0/Movies/c48000.mp4 ! qtdemux ! queue ! h264parse !
amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder ! eglglessink sync=FALSE &>log.txt

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM, yusuf.husainy <yusuf.husainy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I analysed further and found that if I use the ffdec_h264 element instead
> of
> the amcviddec-omxgoogleh264parse element, then the following pipeline
> works:
> data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("filesrc
> location=/storage/sdcard0/Movies/c48000.mp4 ! qtdemux ! queue ! h264parse !
> ffdec_h264 ! eglglessink sync=0", &error);
>
> However, if iuse this, it fails:
> data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("filesrc
> location=/storage/sdcard0/Movies/c48000.mp4 ! qtdemux ! queue ! h264parse !
> amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder ! eglglessink sync=0", &error);
>
> Now, the log I get is:http://pastebin.com/9kpCiEwL
> This is the log the logcat shows in eclipse.
>
> It does not link the elements because it is not negotiated,  this is what I
> understand from the log file.
>
> How can I know the exact caps needed by amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder
> element so that this would work?
>
> Also, in this case, the .mp4 file is a 1920x1080 at 60fps and has
> video/x-h264 (avc) type.
>
> the element amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder shows the type as video/avc in
> the /etc/media-codecs.xml file
>
> It seems the h264parse would have the h264/avc type, but is this because
> amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder has video/avc and the file has video/x-h264?
> I mean is this some nomenclature kind of issue, because the h264 in the
> file
> is avc format, however the caps show video/x-h264, so the sink caps of
> amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder shou;d be negotiated and the pipeline should
> run.
>
> I don't completely understand what I should do to make
> amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder work in my gstreamer pipeline.
>
> Also, I have Android 4.1.2 and am using API-16.
>
> I would appreciate any body who has worked on
> amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder before or who has any kind of idea.
>
> Regards,
> Yusuf Husainy.
>

> --

Rob Krakora