Internal installation of GStreamer on Mac OS X

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 01:43:34 PDT 2013

> On Fr, 2013-07-19 at 02:48 +0400, Alexey Chernov wrote:
> > Hello,
> > as we remember, there were some problems with internal installation of
> > GStreamer libraries on 0.10.x (i.e. to copy it inside app bundle was sort of
> > impossible). IIRC, it's expected that the situation was improved with 1.0
> > branch. Is that right? Is there any easy way to put GStreamer 1.0 libraries
> > along with the application inside app bundle?
>
> I don't think anything in that regard has changed. What exactly were the
> problems?

As I remember, there were problems with dynamic loading of plugins and
dyld linker, it couldn't find certain plugin libraries when they
weren't placed in pre-compiled place (i.e. in /Library/Frameworks).
Andoni suggested to use DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH in start script of
the bundle as a workaround and also said, there were planned more
elegant way to solve this which would be implemented in future
versions of SDK. Maybe, static plugins is the solution?