udpsink max packet error

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 04:25:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm capturing raw data and streaming it to my local network after encoding.
I see a lot of packet losses on the client side and the server is throwing
up lot of error messages as below

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSink:udpsink0: Attempting
to send a UDP packet larger than maximum size (72568 > 65507)
Additional debug info:
gstmultiudpsink.c(541): gst_multiudpsink_render ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSink:udpsink0:
Reason: Error sending message: Message too long

And this is my pipeline
gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc mode=10 name=src src.! video/x-raw ! queue !
videoconvert ! x264enc bitrate=5000 ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! udpsink
host=10.0.0.140 port=5858 src.! audio/x-raw ! queue ! avenc_aac ! mux.

As you see, I'm encoding video at 5Mbps and the system bitrate is approx
6Mbps. How do i reduce this error? TS packet sizes are 188bytes. How do i
restrict UDP packet size here? Is there any property or code that I can
tweak in udpsink?

~BO