Internal Data Flow Error on udpsrc

George Demetriades gdemetriades at friendmts.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 02:17:27 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to write an application using the SDK to pull in a
multicast stream, demux the video and audio and then decode each separately
before sending the raw info to two separate appsink. My problem is that the
program will run for a few minutes before gstreamer itself will crash with
the following message:

Error received from element udpSrc: Internal data flow error.
Debugging information: gstbasesrc.c(2633): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:udp gstpipeline/GstUDPSrc:udpSrc:
streaming task paused, reason error (-5)

Along with this crash, I've also noticed that the program as a whole will
slowly take up more and more memory (to the point of sometimes being
"Killed" by the linux kernal itself) - could anyone recommend a way to stop
gstreamer taking up so much memory? Is there any way to see where that
memory is being allocated?

Many thanks,
George