Possible bug in gstadapter

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 09:02:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm using rndbuffersize element between mpegtsmux and udpsink in order to
split data into chunks. I see a buggy behaviour. Assume that a parent buffer
is split into seven chunks of children buffers. Only the first chunk has the
valid pts of the parent buffer. Rest 6 buffer have pts of
18446744073709551615.

I digged into gstadapter.c file and found out in the function
gst_adapter_take_buffer(), line:767, only first extraction of buffer is
giving valid buffer pts. Rest all are initialized to max value of
18446744073709551615

Is this a bug? I'm using 1.0.4 of gstreamer

~BO