How to trace the creation and destruction of GstElement and GstPad, and link and unlink of GstPads?

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Jun 5 07:12:26 PDT 2013

Use the logging system. Start with 'export GST_DEBUG=*:3', look to see what
is interesting and then make changes to get more detailed logging. Higher
numbers give more logging.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-checklist-debug.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-troubleshooting.html

There are others. Google is your friend.