How to trace the creation and destruction of GstElement and GstPad, and link and unlink of GstPads?

Jacky Lau i90091e at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 01:17:53 PDT 2013

Thank you. With options
"--gst-debug=GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY:3,GST_ELEMENT_PADS:3", I got what I want
except destruction of GstElement. So I add some code to gst_object_unref():
  if (GST_IS_ELEMENT(object) && ((GObject *) object)->ref_count - 1 == 0) {
    g_print("ELEMENT del: %s\n", GST_ELEMENT_NAME(object));
  }
Also the debug message don't report the name of new element, and which
element new pad add to.
And with environment variable GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR=/path/to/some-dir/,
gst-launch will generate a DOT file for me when state changed. But that
help me little, as the pipe will not change to PLAYING. So I need to add a
timeout source callback to gst-launch.c for dump dot file every second. :p

PS, I found a good document about gstreamer debug:
https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php/GStreamer_Debugging