i686-w64-mingw32-g++ failing in Cerbero

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:11:49 PDT 2013

2013/6/6 Wes Miller <wmiller at sdr.com>

> And for what it's worth,
>
>     cerbero buildone libass
>
> (who could resist the name :-) )
>
> and the build ended with
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> /
> checking for pkg-config...
> /usr/home/gstreamer/cerbero/build-tools/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for FREETYPE... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2 >= 9.10.3) were not met:
>
> No package 'freetype2' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FREETYPE_CFLAGS
> and FREETYPE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> ***** Error running 'buildone' command:
> Recipe 'libass' failed at the build step 'configure'
>  /
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> I'm thinking cerbero is a mite imperfect.  Thoughts?

Obviously cerbero is not the panacea, but it helps *a lot* in the process
of building open source software on windows (which is and will still be a
big pain in the ass). In the end cerbero is just a wrapper around the
original build systems (makefiles, autotools, cmake and so on) so for
debugging issues you still need to have at least a minimal base knowledge
on how those build systems work. And example are all this checks for xyz.h
headers you are complaining about, which are done by the configure scripts
generated by autotools checking for many of the possible existing variants
depending on the different operating systems (and making our live much
easier to support a wide range of them).

In this particular case your issues come from a bad usage of cerbero. As
explained in the help, buildone "Build or rebuild a single recipe without
its dependencies", which explains why libass and librtmp fails in the
configure stage as its dependencies are not built. As you can see in other
recipes, there is a field in the recipe named "deps" which allows
specifying the list of dependencies which will be used by the build to
determine which recipes must be built and in which order.
So the first thing to do is to list all the dependencies correctly in your
new recipes and than use the "build" command instead of the "buildone" one.

Cheers,
Andoni

> Wes
>

> --