Input through udpsrc issue

Marc Olzheim marc at your.tv
Sun Jun 9 23:57:29 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 11:23:44PM -0700, JasonP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing timestamp calculation issues with the network input to
> gstreamer(version 1.0.4). I have a ts file, its details are given below. If
> I pass this to my pipeline through filesrc I dont see any issue. It works
> perfectly fine. If I send the same file through network over udp I am seeing
> timestamp calculation issues. I want to understand timestamp calculation
> methods for file input and network input. Can anybody help me out here?
> 	I found that pts of video is half of the pts of audio, so within 2 mins the
> pipeline is going to hang mode(all threads are in pthread_condwait mode).
> Also I am seeing fps variation because of wrong timestamp values. I found
> that in case of network input, priv->reordered_output flag is getting set in
> gstvideodecode.c file. Can anybody explain me which component is enabling
> this flag and why? My pipeline is like this.
>
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=10000 ! decodebin ! deinterlace mode=0 fields=1
> method=4 tff=0 ! tee ! queue ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
> video/x-raw,width=640,height=360 ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink
> host=<hostip> port=<port>

Do you have some log of what you mean by timestamp calculation issues ?

I assume mpegtsmux is in plugins-bad for a reason. I know that at least
the number of PCRs inserted in the stream is way too low and that their
accuracy is bad as well. So if you hook up something that expects a TS
that adheres to the standards and complains about it, you may need to do
some coding...

Marc