cerbero recipes, packages and loaders

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Jun 11 11:25:32 PDT 2013

Having read everything I can find on cerbero recipes, etc.  Istill  need a
few of the blank spaces filled in.  FWIW,  this page
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/events/gstreamer-conference/2012/gstreamer-conf-2012-morales-gstreamer-sdk.pdf>
explains a lot as does  this page
<http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Multiplatform+deployment+using+Cerbero>
.

A recipe has a number of fields in it.  While I assume the gstreamer
repositories contains library sources and a perusal of the source tree can
give me some/most of the information needed, where does one find the
codename?  Maybe just make one up?  Versioning info?

Is there a scheme to which package a recipe gets added to?  I'd tin librtmp
which provides rtmpsrc and rtmpsink ought to g in gsreamer-networking, but
they are also ffmpeg elements and they are also my-personal-afterthoughts
packages.

In a package file, where does the uuid come from?  Making those up is
meaningless to me if only I use my package, but for those that go out to the
world, the uuid matters.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

\/\/es