Matroska format

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:39:06 PDT 2013

2013/6/11 Benedictus Maximus <marcus.whiteacker at hotmail.de>

>  Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use gstreamer in my project, but I have some decode
> problems.
> In general, any 720p video in mp4 format plays fluently but the same video
> (=same raw video stream) in mkv format is VERY laggy (unwatchable): I would
> guess, 1 frame per 4 seconds(!). I am using a Nexus 7, so even software
> rendering should work with any 720p video (and so it does with any other
> media player, even xbmc).
>
> Does somebody know, how to fix this?

This is a known issue and it's caused by the huge debug in matroskademux.
This can be fixed using the Release variant or if you are building
gstreamer yourself adding variant = ['nodebug'] (or comment out this line:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero/tree/config/cross-android.cbc#n10).

> And beside that: the x264 project does not compile with armv7/JeallyBean.
> Because of this, I am not able to compile all gstreamer 1.0  using cerbero.
> I get tons of “undefined reference” erros:
> “common/mc.c:535: error: undefined reference to ‘x264_mc_init_arm’” (and
> so on).

What's the exact error you get for x264?

Andoni

> Thanks,
>
> Marcus

Andoni Morales Alastruey